The MA in Bioethics program requires that students apply to our program using SOPHAS, the centralized application service for public health schools and programs. To be considered for review, a complete application must be submitted by the appropriate deadlines. Please see below for specific requirements and application instructions.
• B.A., B.S., R.N., M.D., J.D., or other professional degrees, preferably with one or more courses in medical, professional, or environmental ethics; philosophy; medical anthropology, history or sociology; health care administration, law, or policy; ecology and environmental policy
• A curriculum vitae and official college transcripts
• A personal essay about your interests in bioethics including biomedical and environmental issues and hopes for future studies or employment
• An essay (roughly ten double-spaced pages) discussing an ethical issue in bioethics including biomedical or environmental affairs
• Graduate Record Examination scores*
• TOEFL (for non-native English speakers)
• Three letters of recommendation, preferably from teachers or colleagues in areas relevant to the Program’s concerns
* Applicants may request a waiver of the GRE requirements if they hold a Ph.D. or post-baccalaureate professional degree (e.g. M.D., J.D.), or if they have taken the MCAT or LSAT. Contact the program directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a waiver.