Subcontracts or subawards are needed when a person outside the home institution is included in a grant proposal for measurable effort. The following documents should be requested:
Statement of Intent to Collaborate
- Letter from the subaward's institution agreeing to the total amount of the subaward. The letter should be from a person who is authorized to sign contracts for the institution, it is NOT typically an investigator.
Subaward Performance Site Information
- Organization name
- UEI (Unique Entity Identifier) number
- Address, Zip code (9-digit)
- Congressional district
- Detailed budget with salary, effort (in calendar months or academic months), fringe benefits, OTPS, amount for F&A.
- List all personnel in the subcontract and their role(s) and responsibilities on the project.
- Itemize OTPS.
Scope of Work
- List all personnel and their role(s) and responsibilities on the project
Senior Key Person Profile (required)
- Organization Name
- Address + Zip code (9-digit)
- Phone number
- eRA Commons ID
Biosketch(es) for all key personnel
Facilities and Other Resources