On Friday, September 13, 2019, the GPH Office of Student and Alumni Affairs and the GPH Office of Research hosted the Fall 2019 Research Expo, a College-wide event designed to provide students with opportunities to network with public health employers, as well as NYU faculty and coordinators from centers, labs, initiatives, and programs associated with GPH. This event was held on the final day of the GPH Career Week and had a record-breaking 240+ student attendees! Along with the career resources, students were able to learn more about on-campus GPH student clubs and GPH & NYU offices that will enhance their experiences while matriculated at NYU. In attendance were 36 different employers, many of whom were alumni, and 13 student clubs and GPH resources.
The event introduced me to a lot of interesting research going on at NYU and broadened my knowledge of possible careers in public health.
Attendees were even able to take free professional headshots for their LinkedIn, Handshake, or other professional networking profiles at a booth set up by the GPH Communications team.
An episode for the IAMGPH podcast was also recorded with some of the employers including Mount Sinai Health System, Healthright, the Tobacco Research Lab, and many others. These employers discussed what their organizations do, what they are looking for in the ideal employee, how students can make themselves competitive candidates, and general advice for public health students who are beginning their job searches.
This was a really great way to spread the word about the Health and Human Rights Association (HHRA). We had a lot of interest and sign-ups from new and even second-year students who hadn’t heard about the Association.
Bureau of Maternal, Infant, and Reproductive Health (BMIRH), Sexual and Reproductive Health Unit (SRHU) at NYC DOHMH
- WorkWell NYC at NYC DOHMH
- HRTP: A Public Health Internship Program at NYC DOHMH
- Mount Sinai Health System
- NYC Health + Hospitals
- PAGNY Health and Research Foundation
- Susan G. Komen Greater NYC
Bellevue/NYU Program Program for Survivors
- Department of Population Health at NYU School of Medicine
- Division of Biostatistics at NYU Langone
- Health Disparities Research Training Program (NYU Center for the Study of Asian American Health)
- NYU Rusk Rehabilitation Department of Research
- Researching Inequity in Society Ecologically (RISE) at NYU
- Section for Global Health at NYU School of Medicine
- Sleep and Health Lab at NYU Langone
Academic Community Collaborative to Engage Stakeholders (ACCESS)
- Agent Based Modeling Laboratory
- Applied Global Public Health Initiative
- Attachment & Health Disparities Lab
- Center for Drug Use and HIV Research
- EMPOWER Lab
- Global Health Implementation Research Lab
- Health Care Management (HCM) Research
- Health Claims Data Lab & Milliman
- Implementation Science Lab of Dr. Peprah
- Last Mile Populations Lab at
- HealthRight International
- Measurement, Learning & Evaluation Lab
- Opioids and Police Safety
- Population Impact, Recovery, and Resiliency
- (PiR2) Program
- Public Health Nutrition Research Lab
- Technology Enhanced Learning Lab
- Tobacco Research Lab
- Dr. Xu Quantitative Lab