- Academic Calendar - consult the Academic Calendar for important semester dates, holidays, and schedules.
- Brightspace - NYU Brightspace is an online learning management system that all faculty should use in their courses, whether they meet in person or online.
- Center for the Advancement of Teaching - Established in 2001, and renamed in 2013, the Center for the Advancement of Teaching supports and nurtures effective teaching and learning at New York University. The Center promotes an ongoing, university-wide discussion about teaching and learning matters, striving both to facilitate and contribute to that conversation, and provides practical resources to members of the NYU community to enhance their effectiveness in the classroom.
- Copyright and Other Information
- Faculty Grading Guides
- Final Exam Schedules
- Grading Scale
- How to Pull Grades from 'NYU Classes'
- Incomplete Grade Request Form - Incomplete grades should only be given in special cases such a medical emergency or family crisis.
- Moses Center for Students with Disabilities
- Policy on Religious Holidays
- Textbook Orders
- Turnitin - Turnitin is a plagiarism prevention and detection tool, an additional feature added to NYU Classes and licensed by NYU for use by all faculty. Turnitin compares student document submissions to several sources: previous student submissions, the Internet, and several databases containing periodicals, journals, and other publications.
Below are resources to assist you putting your course syllabus together. For questions about syllabi and new course proposals, please contact Lisa Kroin, Assistant Director, Registration & Academic Services, at email@example.com.
Documents needed for submitting course proposals:
- GPH New Course Proposal Instructions
- GPH New Course Proposal Form
- GPH Syllabus Template
- GPH Guide to Syllabus Preparation & Checklist
Additional recommended resources:
- AAC Syllabus Review Criteria Checklist
- Assessing Group Work
- Assessment Rubric Guide
- ASPPH Learning Taxonomy
- CEPH Foundational Competencies
- Grading Methods for Group Work
- GPH Guide to Course Design
- GPH Program Proposal Form - to be used when proposing new concentrations, certificates, and programs.
- GPH Syllabus Template for Topics Courses
- MPH Instructor Guidelines for Encountering Student Issues in a Course
- Preparing a Syllabus
- Sample Syllabus #1
- Sample Syllabus #2
- Statement of Academic Integrity - included at the bottom of the GPH syllabus template