Tishman Auditorium, 40 Washington Sq. South & Online
Hosted by the NYU Langone Department of Population Health
Join us to explore policy approaches & interventions to improve the quality, affordability, and inclusivity of housing.
This year’s conference will address Health And... Safe and Stable Housing. Together, we will explore policy approaches and interventions to improve the quality, affordability, and inclusivity of housing at the local and national level.
Our keynote speaker is Deputy Secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Adrianne Todman. She will provide remarks, followed by a conversation with Dr. Matthew Desmond, Professor of Sociology at Princeton University and author of the acclaimed nonfiction book “Evicted”.
Panelists will address approaches to more firmly linking housing with racial justice goals, strategies for improving indoor air quality nationally and globally, and initiatives by the healthcare sector to address the housing affordability crisis.
Additional speakers include:
- Amanda Misiko Andere, MPA, Chief Executive Officer, Funders Together to End Homelessness
- Sheryll Cashin, JD, author, “White Space, Black Hood”, and Law Professor, Georgetown Law
- Kelly M. Doran, MD, MHS, Assistant Professor, Emergency Medicine and Population Health, NYU Langone Health
- Vonetta Dudley, MA, CHES, Director, NYC Smoke-Free, Public Health Solutions
- Jacob Faber, PhD, Associate Professor of Sociology and Public Service, New York University
- Akhgar Ghassabian, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor, Departments of Pediatrics, Environmental Medicine, and Population Health, NYU Langone Health
- Alisahah Jackson, MD, System Vice President, CommonSpirit
- Pascale Leone, MPP, VP, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging, Corporation for Supportive Housing
- Antoine Lovell, PhD, MSW, MPA, Incoming Provost Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Pennsylvania
- Carolyn Olson, MPH, Assistant Commissioner, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Lorna Thorpe, PhD, Professor and Director, Division of Epidemiology, Department of Population Health, NYU Langone Health
- Rajesh Vedanthan, MD, MPH, Associate Professor, Department of Population Health & Director, Section on Global Health, Institute for Excellence in Health Equity, NYU Langone Health
- David Zuckerman, MPP, President, Healthcare Anchor Network
You can livestream or attend in person at the NYU Law School, Tishman Auditorium, 40 Washington Sq. South, NYC. To attend in person, you must be fully vaccinated, including a vaccine booster. You are required to show your vaccination card to enter the event.
For additional information please contact email@example.com.
Doors open at 12:30pm for refreshments. Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early for the vaccine card check at the door.