This important discussion focused on the Omicron variant and provided a snapshot of the latest information for the public as the holidays approach and international travel increases.
Celine R. Gounder, MD, ScM, FIDSA, President Biden’s COVID-19 Task Force and Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine and Infectious Diseases at NYU Grossman School of Medicine
Elodie Ghedin, Ph.D., Chief, Systems Genomics Section, Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Affiliate Faculty, Center for Genomics and Systems Biology, NYU
Michael H. Merson, MD, Visiting Professor of Global Health, NYU School of Global Public Health, and Wolfgang Joklik Professor Emeritus of Medicine and Research Professor of Global Health, Duke University
- Is it more transmissible than the previous variants?
- Is it more virulent than the previous variants?
- Will it compete with the Delta variant in the population?
- Is it resistant to our current vaccines and monoclonal antibodies (the most important question)?
- Will our new antiviral drugs work against it?
- Is it recognized by our current rapid and PCR tests?
Co-hosted by NYU School of Global Public Health, Just Human Productions and the NYU Brademas Center