May 14, 2018 Graduation Event Information
Every spring, the entire College of Global Public Health community is excited to celebrate the hard work and bright futures of all of our talented graduates during Graduation. Whether you are a graduating student, attending as a proud family member or friend , or participating as a faculty or staff member, you’ll find all the information you need right here.
Important Dates and Times
Please mark your calendars for the NYU College of Global Public Health’s 2018 graduation festivities!
GPH Graduation Ceremony
Monday, May 14, 2018 2:00 p.m.
The Town Hall, 123 West 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036 [MAP]
GPH Graduation Reception
Monday, May 14, 2018, 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Yankee Stadium, 1 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY 10451 [MAP]
- 9:00 am Yankee Stadium Gates Open for Candidates and Guests
- 10:30 am Faculty Procession Begins
- 11:00 am Ceremony Begins
- 12:30 pm Ceremony Concludes (approx.)
Share your memories, shout-outs, selfies and words of wisdom with #GPHGRAD18! Your post could be displayed* at Graduation on our Social Media Wall!
Note: *Posts must be shared from a publicly visible account in order to be eligible for display.
GPH Graduation Ceremony
Dates and Times for Ticket Pickup
Tickets can be picked up at the front desk of the GPH Student Affairs & Admissions suite (found at the entrance of the Student Lounge) located at 726 Broadway, 7th Floor. Please note: tickets can only be picked up during the times listed below and NO tickets will be distributed to graduating students or their guests on Monday May 14, the day of the graduation ceremony.
- Monday, April 30, 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Tuesday, May 1, 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday, May 2, 9:00am - 5:30pm
- Thursday, May 3, 10:00 am - 4:00pm
- Friday May, 4, 10:30am - 5:00pm
- Monday, May 7, 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Tuesday, May 8, 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday, May 9, 9:00am - 5:30pm
- Thursday, May 10, 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Friday, May 11, 10:30am - 5:00pm
GPH Graduation Tickets Pick-Up
You are responsible for picking up the following important items for the GPH Graduation Ceremony:
- Reader card: you must bring the reader card with you, filled out, to the graduation ceremony at The Town Hall (this is what will be used to announce your name).
- Tickets (if requested any)
- Cord (undergraduate ONLY)
Arrival at the Town Hall (Monday, May 14th)
Graduating students, their families and guests should arrive at 1:00pm. Graduating students must arrive dressed in academic attire. Upon arrival you will need to check-in with GPH staff. Make sure you have your reader cards which will be provided to you at ticket pick-up. Please note that there will be NO place for you to store your items backstage (including coats). Anything you bring backstage you must carry with you or give to your guests.
If you missed the April 10 deadline, you must place and pick up a late order beginning Thursday, May 10, during regular distribution hours. Go to the Kimmel Center, on the fourth floor, where a representative of Herff Jones, Inc. will take and fill your late order in one transaction. Please remember that no academic attire will be distributed after 4:00pm on Tuesday, May 15.
Cap, Gown, and Hood Distribution In Person Pick-Up
Academic attire must be picked up in person* by the candidate at: Kimmel Center for University Life 60 Washington Square South, 4th Floor New York, NY 10012
- Tuesday, May 8, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm (on time orders only)
- Wednesday, May 9, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm (on time orders only)
- Thursday, May 10, 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Friday, May 11, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Monday, May 14, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 15, 10:00 am- 4:00 pm
*You must bring your NYU ID to Kimmel.
→ No academic attire will be distributed on Commencement day (Wednesday, May 16).
Cap, Gown, and Hood Distribution Third Party Pick-Up
If the degree candidate lives out of state or cannot pick up academic attire at the times allotted, a third party may pick up academic attire with the following documentation:
- Degree candidate's NYU ID, front and back
- Photo ID of the person picking up academic attire
- Third Party Pick-Up Authorization Form completed and printed [Download PDF Form]
If, for some reason, it is impossible to get the candidate's NYU ID, you MUST submit a photocopy of BOTH SIDES OF THE NYU ID CARD. The N# on the reverse will be required.
If someone else is also picking up your All-University tickets (for Yankee Stadium), make two copies of these documents. One set will be collected as proof of third party academic attire pick-up and will not be returned to you.
Cap, Gown and Hood Return
There are several ways to return your academic attire. Remember to hold on to your academic attire until after your last use, either your school ceremony (if attending) or the All-University Commencement.
Return at Yankee Stadium on Commencement Day: Return academic attire to Herff Jones, Inc. representatives at Gate 2 and Gate 8 by 2:30 pm.
Return to collection bins in the NYU Bookstore at 726 Broadway during the following hours:
- Wednesday, May 16, 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Thursday, May 17, 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Friday, May 18, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Saturday, May 19, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Sunday, May 20, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Monday, May 21, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
→ After Monday, May 21, if your school ceremony has already passed, you must mail academic attire back to:
1000 N. Market Street Champaign, IL 61820 ATTN: NYU Returns Herff Jones, Inc. will hold the renter financially responsible for unreturned items.
GPH Graduation Ceremony, Monday, May 14, 2018
Each candidate will be able to bring up to 4 guests to the ceremony.
GPH Graduation Reception, immediately following the ceremony
Each candidate will be able to bring up to 4 guests to the reception.