Do you want to learn in a global setting?
Gain real skills in public health?
Immerse yourself in a different culture?
Sharpen your Spanish language skills?
Broaden your global professional network?
Volunteer in the community, NGO's and global health organizations?
Ready to challenge yourself?
Then schedule a meeting with GPH Global to discuss the possibility of studying abroad next fall 2019 at NYU Buenos Aires!
|Last Day for Meetings / Application||April 12|
|Acceptance / Deposit of $350||May 10|
Students should register for your planned fall classes in NYC until you receive your acceptance.
Learn more about NYU Buenos Aires but visiting their site.
Please note: the website is geared toward undergraduates in regards to courses, housing, tuition and fees.
The following courses will be offered in the fall semester at NYU Buenos Aires. Online courses are also available but students must be registered for in-person courses full-time (12 credits) before they can register for an online course.
GPH-GU 2140 Global Issues in Social Behavioral Health (3)
GPH-GU 2686 Thesis I: Practice and Integrative Learning Experiences (2)
GPH-GU 2359 Applied Practice Experience Seminar (2)
GPH-GU 2450 Intermediate Epidemiology (3)
GPH-GU 2361 Research Methods in Public Health (3)
GPH-GU 2211 Environmental Injustice: from Local to Global (3) *this is an intensive course taught over 4-weeks
GPH-GU 5380 001 Data Driven Decision Making in Global Public Health (3)
GPH-GU 5312 001 Global Perspectives in Reproductive Health & Human Rights (3)
GPH-GU 5250 001 Health and Human Rights (3)
**All students are required to take a 0-credit Spanish language course. Students will be given an assessment test to determine their skill level.
Fall Academic Calendar - NYU Buenos Aires
- Monday, August 19: Holiday (Academic Center Closed)
- Tuesday, August 20: Student Arrival
- Tuesday, Aug 20 - Friday, Aug 23: Mandatory Orientation
- Monday, August 26: NYU Buenos Aires Classes Begin
- Fridays, Aug 30, Sept 6 & 13: Fingerprints & Student Visa at Migration Office (Mandatory)
- Friday, September 6: Last day to drop/add NYU Buenos Aires courses. Last day to drop NYU Buenos Aires courses and not receive a "W". Last day of active waitlists.
- Monday, Oct 14 - Sunday, Oct 20: Semester Break (No Classes)
- Monday, October 14: Holiday (Academic Center Closed)
- Monday, October 21: Classes Resume
- Friday, November 1: Field Trip Group I
- Friday, November 1: Last day to Withdraw from an NYU Buenos Aires course (with a "W" on transcript). Last day to declare pass/fail grading option.
- Friday, November 8: Field Trip Group II
- Friday, November 15: Make-up Day. Monday Class Schedule
- Monday, November 18: Holiday. (Academic Center Closed. No classes)
- Thursday, December 5: Last Day of NYU Buenos Aires Classes
- Friday, December 6: Reading Day
- Monday, Dec 9 - Thursday, Dec 12: Final Exams for NYU Buenos Aires classes
- Saturday, December 14: Student Departure
GPH students also benefit from all of the activities that NYU Buenos Aires arranges!
How much will it cost?
Tuition and fees for your classes will cost the same as when you study at NYU New York. You will be billed directly through the bursar.
NYU Accommodations are not available in Buenos Aires for graduate students. Students are required to find their own housing but will be provided a list of reputable and previously used real estate agents to assist in their seach.
There is no meal plan at NYU Buenos Aires. Actual costs of meals can fluctuate greatly depending on each student’s budget and personal habits.
Airfare and Visa
Students are required to purchase their own flights to and from Buenos Aires on the designated arrival and departure dates. No exceptions! Students are welcome to arrive early or depart late as long as the visa reflects the corrects dates.
Students are ultimately responsible for obtaining their own visas to study abroad but will be provided guidance from GPH and the Office of Global Services. If you are an international student, you will need to apply for your visa as soon as you are accepted into the GPH Study Abroad program. Students will need to obtain a background check, but more information will be provided.
Costs include visa application fee, local transportation, laundry, telephone, utilities, and some independent travel. Students are provided GeoBlue Global Health Insurance at no additional cost.